Saturday, May 21, 2022

 Smallest garden ever…


We are moving but not sure just when so I only planted a few items this year. Our best gardens ever were when Cliff would hoe up a 4’ X 20’ space in our back yard and I’d mix in lime and 10-10-10 fertilizer and water away. Sunflowers 🌻with yellow gold finches flying all around to get those seeds, corn 🌽, tomatoes 🍅, eggplant 🍆, peppers🫑, and “ colored “ butter beans as we call them in the South but many call them speckled butter beans and are my favorite. Lots of herbs, zinnias and gladiolus.


This year I planned two heirloom tomatoes, cayenne peppers, one cherry tomato, dill, camomile, basil, and parsley. Everything in my raised bed on legs but the two tomatoes  and scattered sunflowers… one little area of zinnias and 8 Dollar Tree “glads”, as my grandmother called them.

I’ve already had to start daily watering as it was 90 here today in Eastern NC. 


Saw the first snake 🐍yesterday but it was on the small side and I think it was a garden/good snake. Beside Cliff is our snake killer and he’s not up to doing that right now so I had to just let it go on its way. I do plan on going to Lowes and getting some “ Snake Begone” next week to sprinkle around the edge of the carport. That will make me feel safer getting in the car. I know we need them so I really do not like killing them if they just move on…

So, how’s your gardening going? 


I am still working on my hand quilting but I will be for some time. I kinda enjoy spreading it out and picking it up most days. 



Blessings all,

Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment