Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter at the Duke's...

We began celebrating our Easter season with Palm Sunday where the little children enter the church waving palms...I always enjoy the special music too...and we are given palm crosses to pin on our clothes.



Last night our church had a Maundy Thursday service. We had communion followed by "Stripping of the Altar" (removing all ornaments, linens, and paraments). This is an ancient custom that symbolizes the humiliation of Jesus at the hands of the soldiers and His abandonment by His disciples. We left the service in darkness and silence.
Many Free Will Baptist churches celebrate with a "foot washing" service. Both my maternal and paternal grandmothers were FWB and I remember them talking about it as a child.

Sunday will be Easter and that is the best day of all because that is when we celebrate Jesus' Resurrection!!

I was baptised at the age of 12 but I did not really come to know the Lord until I was 16. Ever since, I have come to have more understanding of what Jesus went through and suffered just for me...and you too~~~

I hope you know Jesus too. But if you do not, all you have to do is to ask Him to come into your heart and tell Him that you believe He is Lord and your Savior and to forgive you of your sins....
and He will!!

Bless you my readers!
Kathy

John 3:16
John 3:36
John 5:24

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed hearing how you celebrate the resurrection of Christ!!! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way your church celebrates this week. Easter baskets, chocolate bunnies, and eggs, will be put aside until after we thank God for his son, our Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Kathy! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Please comment