Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Progress on my sunflower quilt...

Today at guild, Barbara and I pin basted my sunflower quilt.
My goal is to have it all quilted for our quilt exhibit to be held in early Spring 2012.


Kinston, NC is celebrating the 250th anniversary of our town's beginning and as you might imagine it is going to be an exciting event that will take place over several months.
I   really have not had much time to work on many quilts except small projects since I have been guild president last year and this year.
So I would really like to complete this quilt and have it all ready for the show.


My plan is to machine grid quilt the sashing  area and to hand quilt the sunflowers using cross hatch and outline quilt around the sunflowers.Not too sure about the borders yet but would like to free motion some designs including some butterflies !!
We will see......

You may refer to my post 
May 10, 2011
for pictures of inspiration from my garden
and the basting, appliqueing, methods that I used.



Other things of interest...

new yarn for crocheting...aren't these pretty colors!!



and our lovely little favors from our 
Day of Sharing at the 
Twin Rivers Guild in New Bern, NC
from Saturday.
I selected the four little 9 patch coasters and are already using them.


Have a joyful and blessed week all!!
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Your sunflower quilt is so cheerful! Also love those nine patch coasters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal, for some reason I keep getting all the emails I send you back to me, you must have a valid email address....I have all the info for your swap partner, but I can seem to get it to you, I can't leave on your blog due to security reasons, Please contact me with an email address I can send to. Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice sunflower quilt. I love hearing that you hand quilt and can mix it with some machine quilting. I still love to hand quilt. Hope you get it done in time for your Spring show.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment