Monday, May 16, 2011

Full of Fun Day...

Well today is one of those days full of fun...I am cooking an old family favorite from both of my grandmothers, neck bones stewed with onions, potatoes and little corn meal dumplins on top!! Also, pointed head cabbaage, and squash!! Don't you just love spring vegetables here in the south...


I made strawberry jam for Cliff last week and had some strawberries left over. I found a bread recipe from Pelleters Strawberry farm in Stella, NC where we used to live and buy them. So I made bread last week and again today for the "feast"!!
 The recipe is easy, and of course, I modified it...


1 cup of SR flour
1 scant cup sugar , or amount desired
poured in some oatmeal ??
1 egg
1t. vanilla
poured in some milk??
added about 8-9 medium strawberries, sliced thin

Greased two small loaf pans
Baked 350 for 45-50 minutes

You will have to try some and let me know how you like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment